Head: PD Dr. rer. nat. Michael Stock
Our group investigates the role of signalling molecules in development and pathogenesis of skeleton.
One main aspect of our research focuses on the analysis of Wnt signalling pathways and their regulation in rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Wnt-factors are signalling molecules, which play an important role in the progression of rheumatoid arthritis. They are able to activate cells through specific signalling pathways, thereby changing cell behaviour. Within this project we examine the role of the Wnt regulator Wif-1 in RA, which is specifically expressed by cartilage cells of the articular surface.
In a second key project we investigate the function of the recently discovered secreted cartilage protein Ucma. Up to now little is known about the physiological function of Ucma. Yet, our data indicate that Ucma may have an impact on bone formation or homeostasis.
- Vitamin K-Dependent Proteins in Skeletal Development and Disease. Int J Mol Sci. 2021;22(17):
- Transmembrane TNF drives osteoproliferative joint inflammation reminiscent of human spondyloarthritis. J Exp Med. 2020;217(10):
- A model of chronic enthesitis and new bone formation characterized by multimodal imaging. Dis Model Mech. 2018;11(9):
- XIAP AS NOVEL INTEGRATOR OF TGF BETA SIGNALLING AND CANONICAL WNT SIGNALLING IN TISSUE FIBROSIS Ann Rheum Dis. 2018;77(): 739-739
- Upper zone of growth plate and cartilage matrix associated protein protects cartilage during inflammatory arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2018;20(1):
- A Dual Role of Upper Zone of Growth Plate and Cartilage Matrix-Associated Protein in Human and Mouse Osteoarthritic Cartilage: Inhibition of Aggrecanases and Promotion of Bone Turnover. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69(6): 1233-1245
- Defects in chondrocyte maturation and secondary ossification in mouse knee joint epiphyses due to Snorc deficiency. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2017;25(7): 1132-1142
- Corrigendum to "Fc-gamma receptors are not involved in cartilage damage during experimental osteoarthritis" [Osteoarthritis Cartilage 23 (2015) 1221-1225]. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2017;25(6): 995
- Inhibition of Notch1 promotes hedgehog signalling in a HES1-dependent manner in chondrocytes and exacerbates experimental osteoarthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2016;75(11): 2037-2044
- INHIBITION OF NOTCH1 PROMOTES HEDGEHOG SIGNALING IN A HES1-DEPENDENT MANNER AND EXACERBATES EXPERIMENTAL OSTEOARTHRITIS Ann Rheum Dis. 2016;75 2(): 82-82