Head: Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Mario Zaiss
In our daily lives, the different compounds of our diet, in addition to serving as metabolic substrates, also directly modulate our immune functions. Mounting an immune response requires major changes to metabolic processes. At the same time, immune mediators (such as cytokines) also dictate changes in metabolism highlighting the close interplay of those two fields.
Thus, the aim of our immunometabolism-research group is to investigate the crosstalk of immunology, metabolism and nutrition to contribute to the prevention or resolution of inflammatory autoimmune diseases.
- (2021) Crossing the barriers: Revisiting the gut feeling in rheumatoid arthritis. Eur J Immunol. 2021;51(4): 798-810
- (2021) Dietary Derived Propionate Regulates Pathogenic Fibroblast Function and Ameliorates Experimental Arthritis and Inflammatory Tissue Priming. Nutrients. 2021;13(5):
- (2021) Resistant starch intake alleviates collagen-induced arthritis in mice by modulating gut microbiota and promoting concomitant propionate production. J Autoimmun. 2021;116():
- (2021) Higher serum levels of short-chain fatty acids are associated with non-progression to arthritis in individuals at increased risk of RA. Ann Rheum Dis. 2021;():
- (2021) RANKL-Induced Btn2a2 - A T Cell Immunomodulatory Molecule - During Osteoclast Differentiation Fine-Tunes Bone Resorption. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2021;12():
- (2021) The gut-joint axis in rheumatoid arthritis. Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2021;17(4): 224-237
- (2021) Does methotrexate influence COVID-19 infection? Case series and mechanistic data. Arthritis Res Ther. 2021;23(1):
- (2020) A set of serum markers detecting systemic inflammation in psoriatic skin, entheseal, and joint disease in the absence of C-reactive protein and its link to clinical disease manifestations. Arthritis Res Ther. 2020;22(1):
- (2020) An in vivo gene delivery approach for the isolation of reasonable numbers of type 2 innate lymphoid cells. MethodsX. 2020;7():
- (2020) beta(2)-microglobulin - a trigger for NLRP3 inflammasome activation in tumor-associated macrophages promoting multiple myeloma cell progression Oncology Research and Treatment. 2020;43 Suppl 4(SUPPL 4): 101-101